There are four phases and each phase lasts for 24 hours.
During this phase, players choose to Join the event. Once a player has joined, their roster in the event will be locked to how it was when they hit Join. All progression that occurs on any units after they have joined will NOT be reflected in the event. This is referred to as Player Lock and is used to provide a fair matchmaking experience. When the preview phase ends a very short Matchmaking period (~1 minute) will pair 2 guilds using a combination of factors including the number of players and the strength of their rosters.
During this phase, a guild will set defenses on the territory map. Each territory on a map will require x amount of defenses (depending on the amount of players that joined the Territory War). Teams must consist of 5 characters and fleet teams a minimum of three with a capital ship. Units within a players roster can only be used once during this event. This means any unit put on defense may not be used for offense and vice versa.
In this phase players attack their opponent’s defensive squads on the front territories. Territories behind the front territory will not be available to attack until a front territory is defeated. Defensive squads have persistent health and turn meter so players need to work together to defeat the opponents and make sure not to load a team's turn meter. Once all the opponent’s Defensive squads have been beaten in the available Territories, the Guild conquers the territory “pushing” to the next set of Territories. This will allow the guild to complete the Territory War Attack Phase as quickly as they choose.
A period to review the final status of the event. Players can see characters on all territories.
The winner of the match is based on the guild with the most banners at the conclusion. Players earn banners for a variety of actions including setting a defensive squad, successfully defeating a defensive squad, and conquering an opponent’s territory. More points are earned for conquering territories in the back three positions.
- Set Defense:
- Set Squad: +30 Banners
- Set Fleet: +34 Banners
- Offense Victory:
- Successful Attack: +5 Banners
- First Attempt Victory: +10 Banners
- Second Attempt Victory: +5 Banners
- Survivor Bonus: +1 Banner per surviving unit
- Slot Bonus: +1 Banner per empty unit slot if bringing less than 5 units
- +450 Banners for each cleared enemy Territory (doubled for back row Territories)
- +10 additional Banners per Defensive Squad/Fleet that can be deployed in that Territory.
Every guild member that participated in the event will receive the same reward when the event is over. Guilds must achieve at least 600 banners to earn rewards and players must set at least one team on defense or use one team during the attack phase to be considered as participating. Rewards are based on the total combined Galactic Power from all guild members that joined and the place they came in when it ends.
Units with bonuses for Territory Wars
One of the most common strategies is to put good defensive teams, such as Revan, Bastila, First Order, Nightsisters or Bossk teams in the front territories and put weaker teams in the back territories.
Most guilds pick a side to attack and only attack there until they get to the back territory, since the three back territories award double conquer points.
- Territory War and Grand Arena Counter List
- Territory Wars and Grand Arena Counters - Server and Discord
- It was originally announced on October 3, 2017 and the first Territory War ran on November 29th, 2017.
- December 2018 was the first month without any Territory Wars since it was first introduced. This was because of tight scheduling around the newly released Grand Arena mode as well as several other events.
- On January 2, 2019, CG announced that Territory Wars will take a more playful and fun direction and that Grand Arena will be purely for competitive play. Part of making Territory Wars more playful, they sent out a survey asking which groups of characters to keep. The lowest voted groups would be unavailable during the next Territory War. In total, 28 random characters would not be available. This grew a great amount of negative feedback from players across social media.
- Territory War got updated on September 29, 2021, with the introduction of Relic 9.