Welcome to the Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes Wiki! This wiki is made possible by the SWGoH community. If you would like to contribute to this wiki please read through this guide. It will help maintain the quality standards of this wiki for the community. If you need further assistance please join our Discord or contact a wiki admin.
- 1 Getting Started
- 2 Editing Guidelines
- 3 How to help
If you think you will be a frequent contributor then you will need to make an account. After you have created an account you should also create a user page for yourself. You can do this by typing User:yourUserName into the search bar and choosing to create the page. Once you have created the page follow the instructions on User Page Documentation to get it set up.
Creating a page
Please follow these steps when creating a page:
- Search for the page using the search box above
- If the page you're looking for doesn't exist, search for pages that could have the content you're looking for within it. If you find an existing page that could be a good fit for it please see Editing a page below.
- If you were unable to find a page for it, do a search for the name you would like the page to have. There will be a red link that you can click to create the page.
- Once you click that link, you will be presented with a blank textbox where you can start creating your wiki article
Editing a page
At the top of every page, there are 2 options - Edit and Edit Source.
- Edit will bring you to the wysiwyg editor. Edit Source brings you to the Markup editor.
Please see Editing Guidelines to become familiar with the standards for this wiki.
All contributions to the Wiki may be edited, altered, or removed by other contributors. You may inform others about discussing changes with you first before making changes to your contributions, but keep in mind that admins of the wiki will not enforce such requests. All wiki admins have full authority over anything placed on the wiki to ensure it maintains the quality standards of the wiki.
- Information should be organized, concise, accurate and useful.
- Properly use headings and subheadings to structure information.
- Use supporting pictures and media that follows the wiki's media guidelines.
- Keep layouts and designs consistent with the rest of the wiki.
- Include links to other articles that may contain more information when necessary.
- No copyrighted material is to be used on the wiki without permission! It is the responsibility of the contributor to ensure what they are using is not breaking any intellectual property laws.
- No content, such as hacks or exploits, that undermine the fairness and competitiveness of the game is to be included on the wiki.
- Coming Soon
- Coming Soon
How to help
- Add Notices to pages to help communicate issues the page may have.
- Search Notice categories to find pages that may need work done to them.
- Check the Recent Changes page to see anything new added that may need help or notices.
The wiki uses several notices to communicate the condition and/or status of a page. You may check out the categories to see if any have something you may be able to help with. If you see a page that may need work done to it you can use one of these notices to communicate it. For more information on how to use the notices on pages go to Notices
Used for: Letting people know that the page could use more information on it.
When to use: If a page has places that is clearly missing content.
Current list of Stubs
Used for: Letting people know that the information on the page needs to be adjusted.
When to use: When content is unorganized, too long, and/or excessively detailed.
Current list of Pages to Cleanup
Used for: Letting people know that the information on the page is outdated.
When to use: When information on the page does not match the current state of the game.
Current list of Outdated Pages
Used for: Letting people know that the information on the page has not been released yet.
When to use: When creating pages containing content that will be coming out in the future.
Current list of Unreleased Content
Used for: Letting people know that the information on the page is still being worked on.
When to use: When the page creator or editor does not have time to finish all they want to do with a page and they would like others to wait before editing.
Current list of Under Construction
Candidate for deletion
This page is a candidate for deletion.
Admins will be reviewing the page to see if it needs to be deleted.
Used for: Letting people know that the page has been flagged for admins to review and decide if it needs to be deleted.
When to use: If pages or content within them seem unnecessary, irrelevant, and/or serves no benefit to current or prospective players in the game.
Current list of Candidates for Deletion