Grand Master Yoda
|Grand Master Yoda|
|Categories:||Galactic Republic, Jedi|
Masterful Jedi support that can replicate enemy buffs and share them with allies
Yoda was a male of an unknown, small and green species born 896 BBY. For many years he was the Grand Master of the Jedi Council, training many other Jedi masters such as Mace Windu and Ki-Adi-Mundi. During the Clone Wars he remained as a director and negotiator, rarely venturing into the battlefields. During Order 66 he sensed the deaths of other Jedi and managed to escape his assassination attempt. He was later defeated by Emperor Palpatine and went into exile on Dagobah. In 4 ABY he trained Luke Skywalker and soon after died of old age and became a force ghost.
Further Media Appearance
Yoda appears in Episodes I, II, Clone Wars, III, Star Wars: Rebels, V, VI, VIII, and various comics, books and video games.
A overall good character, especially under leads like Revan or Bastila, Grand Master Yoda (GMY) is a very good damage dealer. Under Bastila or Revan leads, GMY is a hard counter against nightmare teams (Emperor Palpatine lead, Darth Sion, Darth Nihilus, Darth Vader and Grand Admiral Thrawn), and with Revan, can be used as a hard counter for almost every team. Grand Master Yoda Lead Team vs Palpatine, Traya, Nihilus, Sion and Nest
Almost none, though teams with mass dispel could hurt Yoda's buff-spreading abilities.
Yoda shards are available in the Grand Master's Training event, which occurs approximately every 3 months.
Yoda works on fast paced, hard-hitting and durable Jedi teams which currently dominate the meta.
Zeta & Omega Abilities
- Ataru (Basic), Omega - Inflicts Potency Down and gains 15% more Turn Meter when used against an enemy under 50% health, very helpful and recommended for any area of the game.
- Masterstroke (Special), Omega - If there's a living Jedi ally Yoda gains an immediate turn after using this ability, which makes it mandatory and necessary on any Jedi team.
- Unstoppable Force (Special), Omega - Adds 30% Turn Meter reduction chance and 30% Turn Meter reduction, extremely useful everywhere and mandatory.
- Battle Meditation (Special), Zeta - Yoda gains 2 turns of Foresight, +50% Turn Meter and +10% Turn Meter for every Jedi ally, making it mandatory for any Jedi team.
- Grand Master's Guidance (Leader), Zeta - Jedi allies gain +5% Tenacity, whenever a Jedi ally Resists a debuff, they gain +5% Turn Meter, Critical Chance Up and Critical Damage Up for 2 turns; whenever a Jedi ally suffers a debuff, they gain Tenacity Up for 1 turn at the end of that turn and Yoda is immune to Shock. This Zeta isn't necessary at all unless you're running a Yoda lead team, if you are then this Zeta is mandatory.
- Offense Square
- Speed Arrow
- Defense Diamond
- Critical Damage Triangle
- Protection Circle
- Offense Cross
Offense and Critical Chance sets are recommended.
Speed secondaries are always useful.
GM Yoda fits perfectly on a team with Revan or Bastila as a leader, alongside any mixture of Ezra, Jolee, Hermit Yoda, General Kenobi and Chewbacca. Secondary options include Qui-Gon, Aayla, Kanan and Old Ben.
Yoda's basic ability is called Ataru, which is also the name of his lightsaber fighting style.